In Spring 2011, ENG 398 tutors compiled some chapter summaries from "ESL Writers: A Guide for Writing Center Tutors" by Shanti Bruce and Ben Rafoth. They'd like to share with professors and fellow tutors what they've learned about characteristics of an ESL writer's text, ESL tutoring strategies, and writing activities for ESL writers, etc.
You'll find summaries on those chapters from "ESL Writers: A Guide for Writing Center Tutors" by Shanti Bruce and Ben Rafoth, Second Edition.
- Chapter 2: Tseng, "Theoretical Perspectives on Learning a Second Language"
- Chapter 4: Matsuda and Cox, "Reading an ESL Writer's Text"
- Chapter 5: Seerino, "Avoiding Plagiarism"
- Chapter 6: Minett, " 'Earth Aches by Midnight': Helping ESL Writers Clarify Their Intended Meaning"
- Chapter 7: Staben and Nordhaus, "Looking at the Whole Text"
- Chapter 8: Ritter and Sandvik, "Meeting in the Middle: Bridging the Construction of Meaning with Generation 1.5 Learners"
- Chapter 9: Deckert, "A(n)/The/Ø Article about Articles"
- Chapter 10: Linville, "Editing Line by Line"
- Chapter 14: Dvorak, "Writing Activities for ESL Writers"