Haven't got a Mississippi College WCOnline sign-in yet? Follow the video guide here to set one up!
You can find the Writing Center's page here.
Here are some tips for ensuring that your session goes smoothly and effectively:
- It's preferable that you use either Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser for online sessions -- we have encountered some problems with Internet Explorer, and though it may work these can add difficulties to online sessions
- The online session will likely use a different formatting in displaying your paper, so don't be alarmed if it looks different when you get it into the session window.
- Because of this, it may be difficult to work through specific formatting issues in the paper because of how the online interface displays the paper.
- But we can, instead, focus on thorough discussion of formatting needs that you can apply to your paper, like what formatting APA or MLA requires. Ask your tutor about links to examples that you can discuss.
- All of the chat and comments on the paper will be saved for you, so you can revisit the session later to review the discussion.
- This is a great feature to use for revision, since at any time you can reference all of the ideas you discuss during the session.
- If for whatever reason you need or would prefer audio communication for your online session, let us know when you begin the session and we will be glad to walk through setting that up
- Since it's part of the same online interface, it won't take much at all to get it going.
- Just make sure that you have access to a computer capable of audio communication (a microphone and speakers are all you need, and many laptops have these built-in).