Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MC Student Agreement
In publishing your dissertation with UMI, you will see a Mississippi College agreement form which grants the Library permission to upload your pdf document to the MC Institutional Repository and make it accessible through the Speed Library catalog. It will be accessible online only to the Mississippi College community of users. In the submission process you will be ask to 'accept' the following agreement.
Submitting Your Dissertation
Review the pages of this LibGuide as preparation to publish your dissertation. It's a very good idea to read through this series of FAQ's from ProQuest about the submissions process also before you begin. You should set aside quiet time, perhaps 30 minutes, to work your way through this process. It's not difficult, but there are many steps to take.
- You will have to create an account. Use the Login: Student button in the upper right corner to start.
- When you create your account, you should provide complete contact information using your permanent personal addresses — mailing and e-mail.
- Once your account is created, you navigate the submission website using the vertical menu buttons on the left side.
- There is detailed help to review under each section to orient yourself to the process and the questions the service asks you along the way.
- If you want to stop the process and continue later, you can logout and log back in using the Students: Submit button.
- You can click on the vertical menu buttons to look around, but ...
- You should start on the Instructions button to begin.
- After completing a page, use the Continue, Save & Continue, or Accept buttons to save your responses and move to the next section.
- Starred Fields require a response. The system will prompt you to respond to all required fields.
- Most fields are straightforward with regard to what information needs to be supplied, but there's one aspect of the Abstract field that should be mentioned. You should put in that field only the text of your abstract. The title, author, and committee chair information that forms the header of the Abstract page in your printed dissertation should not be included here; it is provided by other fields in your PQDT record.
- When you reach Order Copies and place an order for copies for yourself and the School of Education, you will have to pay for the copies you order as the next step before you reach the point that you can submit your dissertation to the system administrator. The Ordering Copies tab has details about numbers of copies the College and the SOE require you to purchase.
When you are ready to submit your dissertation and all associated information ...
- You use the Submit menu selection. If you have omitted anything, the submission system will ask you resolve the issue.
- Once there are no further issues to resolve, you can submit. This step does not release your dissertation for publication.
- This step alerts the System Administrator that you have submitted your dissertation and its information for review.
- The system administrator will check for the inclusion of a complete signature page, and will check with the School of Education for their final approval. Your document will not checked for formatting .
- If something needs to be changed you will be informed, Then you can log back in using the Revise button. You will have as many opportunities for revision as you need.
- But once the system administrator "presses the button" to submit your publication request to ProQuest for publication, ProQuest will assess a fee for you to make further changes in your manuscript.