Turnitin, a plagiarism prevention database, is available to all MC Faculty. This software finds and highlights matching or unoriginal text in a written assignment. Faculty can send their students' assignments to the Turnitin database or set it up to allow students to send their own assignments to the service for checking and revising. In this way, emphasis is placed on 'prevention' rather than 'detection'.
*MC does not subscribe to the GradeMark or PeerMark modules of TurnItIn.
You can either create a Turnitin link within your MCMoodle course's page or you can create an account. Using Moodle means your students must simply click on the Turnitin link you create on your course home page, and they have access. Should you use Turnitin outside of Moodle, your students will have to create their own Turitin account.
USING TURNITIN WITHIN MOODLE Read more here.
To access Turnitin as an instructor:
1. Go to http://www.turnitin.com.
2. Click Create account at top right corner of page.
3. Under New instructors start here, click on Create a user profile.
4. Under Create a new account, click on Instructor.
5. Key in user/account join codes. Contact the library Research Desk (925-3916) located on the library 2nd floor. You may also email Jessica Manzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathleen Hutchison (email@example.com) for this information.
** PLEASE do not share this account ID and account join password information with anyone outside of Mississippi College faculty members.
6. Complete remainder of information on that page and click I agree—create profile.
7. System will guide you through the registration process
8. The next time you log on, use your own email address and password.