This course guide is designed for Dr. Michael Johnson's MIN224 course, Ministry of the Church. Use the tabs above to help locate some basic materials on each of the course units and to find specifically assigned material. Additional resources can be found under the Course Bibliography tab and by searching MICAL and Speed Library's databases.
The Course Syllabus is available on Dr. Johnson's website.
QR Code for Smartphones
Using the camera on your smartphone, you can scan the URL for this guide so you can connect to the guide from anywhere.
(You must have a smartphone with a camera and have already downloaded a QR/Barcode reader app.)
Reference Materials for MIN224
MICAL, the online catalog of Leland Speed Library and the M.C. Law School Library, can be searched by author, title, keyword, or call number to locate materials in print and in other formats. Below are some titles found in Speed Library's Reference Room to help you begin your research for Ministry of the Church:
- Anchor Bible Dictionary 220.3 An21 R
- Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics 239.03 G277b R
- Contemporary American Religion 200.973 C767 R
- Dictionary of Contemporary Religion in the Western World 200.9182 D567 R
- Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions, and the Occult 200.3 M42d R
- The Encyclopedia of Christianity 230.003 Ev14e R
- The Encyclopedia of Protestantism 280.403 En19h R
- Encyclopedia of Religion 200.3 En19 2005 R
- Jesus in History, Thought, and Culture 232.03 J499 R
- The Cambridge History of Religions in America 200.973 C144
- The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge 203 Sch14 R
- The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church 203 Ox2 1997 R
- The Westminster Dictionary of Christian Ethics 241.03 m242d 1986 R
Your Guide to MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH
ALTA - Indexes journal articles, book reviews, and collections of essays in all areas of religion. Some full-text included.
Academic Search Premier - Provides full-text articles on a broad range of subject areas.
JSTOR - Contains full-text of older journal articles in the humanities and social sciences.
Project Muse - Offers full-text journal articles in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.